Wednesday, July 10, 2013

I Tweet Therefore I Am, at Blackboard #BbWorld13: Day One

     I prefer micro-blogging over web logging, which is probably why I left blogging the first time in, oh around, 2005? Hello, MySpace! I left that platform, oh around 2007. Left there for Facebook. (Still there.) In walks Twitter, and oh, how I love thee! The beauty of the tweet? It's straight forward. You don't have the time to hang on my every painstakingly contrived word here. Instead, you can catch the nitty-gritty version on the go via Twitter. Isn't that what you really want now?


    So how does a girl who prefers the 'Tweet', who'd rather be limited to 140 characters to make a point, win a blogger VIP contest? Especially one as prestigious and important as Blackboard's BbWorld? I tweet my point. It's real-time, it's what 21st century learners want, it's interactive and engaging. We want our news, and we want it now. With Twitter and the #BbWorld13 hashtag we get exactly that. Naku Mayo asked me how one gets to be a VIP Blogger anyway, my answer was, "I Tweet. I Tweet a lot, and it worked for me."

    Without further adieu, here's my nitty-gritty, Twitterized 'Storify' version of
Opening Day at Blackboard 2013.


No comments:

Post a Comment